In light of the current situation with COVID-19, Ben Lippen School in conjunction with the South Carolina Independent School Association (SCISA) is taking proactive measures to lessen the potential impact of the virus in schools.
As of March 16, all athletic events have been cancelled for an undetermined amount of time. Ben Lippen has made the decision to suspend in-person classes until April 17 and the Athletic Department will follow suit by suspending all games and practices during this time. While we know that this is very disappointing for us all, our commitment is to protect the health and safety of our student-athletes.
Here are some important details for the next few weeks:
- No practices & games through April 17
- No student-athletes or coaches should be on our campus using our athletic facilities (indoor or outdoor) during this time
- We will be in constant communication with other SCISA AD’s and will work to reschedule as many games as possible if and when school resumes on campus (region games will take preference)
- If and when we return to school there will be an acclimation period for athletes before we start games
- We will communicate all details as they arise
- Encourage all your student-athletes to follow the workout plans their coaches will be communicating with them each week
- Encourage your student-athletes to continue to eat well and stay hydrate
- For any athletes in current treatment with Stephen Murphy – please contact him directly to arrange off-site therapies, Stephen.Murphy@benlippen.com
Lost & Found and Locker Rooms:
- The gym and locker rooms will be OPEN tomorrow from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm for all students to claim any lost and found items and remove all personal belongings. Any items (clothing. cleats, water bottles, etc.) left behind after 1 pm, Monday, March 16 will be discarded
- All spring coaches will be communicating with their teams on a regular basis
- Please be sure to continually check the athletics social media accounts during the next few weeks
- Instagram @benlippensports
- Twitter @benlippensports
- Facebook Ben Lippen Sports
- Website www.benlippensports.com
As the situation surrounding the coronavirus constantly evolves updates will be posted on www.benlippensports.com and our Ben Lippen Sports social media sites.
We understand recreation is a source of stress relief, social connectedness, and physical fitness for our student-athletes. Please encourage your student-athletes to stay active within the social distancing guidelines recommended by the CDC. These are unprecedented days for all of us but please know the Athletic Department will be praying for you and your families, please reach out to us with any questions or concerns you may have.
To God be the Glory,
Ben Lippen Athletic Department